“Somewhere out there are
all kinds of Pfister roofs!”
FREE ROOF INSPECTION & QUOTE
Frequently Asked Questions
Warranties / Emergencies
1. What should I do in the case of an emergency leak?
2. If a manufacturer warranties my roof can I make my own repairs or have my HVAC contractor flash a unit?
3. How can I protect the roof from other trades and foot traffic?
4. What is the best roofing warranty?
5. How many years is a typical manufacturer's' guarantee?
Hiring a Roofing Contractor
6. What do I look for in a quality-roofing contractor?
7. Can I request an insurance certificate from the roofing contractor?
8. How should I pay the contractor?
9. What kind of insurance certificate must a roofer carry?
10. What is the definition of a workman's compensation modified rate? Is it important?
11. How do I get a cost effective estimate?
12. Should roofing contractors be bonded?
13. What are building code requirements?
14. What are re-roofing costs without tear off?
15. What are re-roofing costs with a tear off?
16. How often should a roof be inspected for deficiencies?
17. What is the best drainage system that I can design?
18. Are roof scuppers an effective way to drain a roof?
19. Can a roof collapse if drains are clogged?
Design and Maintenance
20. Are pitched roofs better than flat?
21. Should roof exits be in or outside?
22. Are skylights an effective way of bringing in daylight?
23. Are light color or white roofs better than black?
24. What is the most cost effective roof system?
25. How many different single-ply membranes are on the market?
26. Why is there a trend to more single-ply systems?
27. Which roofing system is the longest lasting?
28. Is the Asphalt Built-Up Roofing (BUR) system still a viable option?
29. How much ridged insulation should I have on my roof?
30. Over how many roofs can I install another layer of roofing material?
31. Which roof provides the greatest fire protection?
32. What is the typical live load of a roof in the northeast?
33. Can I re-roof effectively over my existing roof surface?
34. What is the life expectancy of a metal roof?
35. When is it time to stop repairs and install a new roof?
36. What can be done to lengthen the life expectancy of my roof?
37. Can I roof over wet insulation?
38. Is ponding water on my roof OK?
Can’t Find Your Answer?
At Pfister Maintenance we take our customer service very seriously. We are continually reviewing ways in which to ask our customers what they think of our service and what we could do to make things even better. Using this feedback we have made many service improvements and will continue to do so.
As part of our commitment, we would like to hear from you if you have any suggestions or feedback on our service or a particular member of staff who has provided you with excellent service. You can send us your feedback online by pressing the button below.
Your company did an outstanding job for our community at Bellaire and we are most appreciative. It was a pleasure to work with you and your professional approach to our unique project played a huge part in the successful result.
The Okonite Company has worked with Pfister Roofing for several years. The workmanship and service have always been excellent. We look forward to working with Pfister Roofing as the need arises.
I have worked with Dieter & his company Pfister Roofing. I find him & his men extremely helpful in the roofing field and I was very satisfied with their work. Pfister Roofing pays close attention to details and is an organization I would highly recommend.