FLAT ROOF INSTALLATION & REPAIR
EPDM, PVC & TPO ROOFS | METAL ROOFS | MODIFIED BITUMEN ROOFS | RUBBER & ASPHALT ROOFS |
HIGH RISE ROOFS & MORE
FREE DRONE INSPECTION & QUOTE
OVER 35 YEARS OF COMMERCIAL ROOFING EXPERIENCE
ROOF MAINTENANCE PROGRAMS AND SERVICE
FREE ROOF INSPECTION & QUOTE
FLAT ROOF INSTALLATION & REPAIR
Flat roofing systems are most often used in commercial and industrial roofing projects. Pfister Roofing can work with your commercial roofing project from concept to completion.
In the last 20 years, single ply membranes have taken over the majority share of coverings since the material is manufactured in a controlled environment i.e. factory made. Tar roofs, which are manufactured on the side with tar kettles at the exterior of the building pumping hot asphalt onto the roofs surface. The single ply systems may also vary in color, white membrane are mostly preferred over black due to their reflectively to sunlight and heat. There are basically 4 types of single ply roofing materials being used in the roofing market today:
- EPDM (rubber)
- PVC (thermoplastic)
- TPO (thermoplastic)
- Modified Bitumen
When selecting materials to be used on a flat roof for a new building and/or possibly a retrofit application, it is imperative that the owner/specification writer not only selects a company that has been in business for a minimum of 20 years in producing their product and also to select qualified roofing contractors with a minimum of 10 years of roofing experience.
At the moment most commercial i.e. flat roofs are the most litigated building component in the construction industry. This is in part caused by under educated specification writer and architects as well as roofing constructors who install the materials.
In other words, workmanship has been the most severe problem when it comes to litigation on failing flat roofs.
Pfister Roofing been in business for over 35 years and are considered to be a leader in the flat roofing market as it relates to the selection of materials and quality of installation.
EPDM Roofing Facts
EPDM is a rubber like sheet fabricated in thickness of 40mil to 80 mil with or without reinforcing scrims and fabricated like an inner tube of a tire with the exception that it is flat and large up to a size of 12ft. in width 100ft. in length. EPDM or rubber roofing can be mechanically attached to the sub straight or using riverbed gravel 1½ to ¾ inch to secure same to the sub straight of a deck. Seams are glued like you would repair a bicycle inner tube.
PVC and TPO Roofing Facts
PVC and TPO are thermoplastic membranes fabricated with reinforcing scrim in thicknesses of 40ml up to 80ml. Most membranes are grey to white in color and are fabricated in widths from 72” up to 50’ in length. The membranes are glued, mechanically fastened or ballasted to the substrate. Riverbed gravel of approximately 12 lbs. in weight using ¾” to 1½” stone can also be used. The materials are joined by using a heat gun which melts the undersurface of the material which when weighted fuses the material to form a monolithic bond. A benefit of using thermoplastics is that the material reflects heat during the summer because of their light colors.
NEED TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE ABOUT YOUR FLAT ROOFING NEEDS?
OUR TEAM IS READY TO HELP!
PFISTER ROOFING WORKS WITH ALL THE TOP MANUFACTURERS
Pfister commercial roofing company works with most commercial roofing manufacturers and materials. In most cases, Pfister Roofing holds an Elite or Masters status for our level of expertise in commercial roof repair. No matter what the project, Pfister will get the job done right, the first time!
Why Choose Pfister For Your Flat Roofing Needs?
- Whether you are looking to begin an all-new commercial flat roof installation project or would simply like the flat roof on your business inspected, our roofing contractors at Pfister Roofing are an excellent choice for the job. Below are several reasons why you should consider us for your commercial roofing repair needs.
- Specialists in the retrofitting of existing buildings for more than 35 years
- Pharmaceutical, Manufacturing, Chemical Plants, Food Processing, High Rises and other sensitive work environments
- Listed with the State of New Jersey Department of the Treasury Division of Property Management and Construction and The New Jersey Schools Development Authority. We are also listed with the New Jersey Department of Building & Construction Approved
Licenses # 13VH01376600 Contractor Certification # 0082830 Including Restoration of Historical Sites
- Fully insured and bonded to 5 million. We offer consultation design build and project management
- Infrared Moisture Scans availableAll estimates and proposals include picture documentation complete with a detailed scope of work and roof evaluationMembers of the National Roofing Contractors Association, North East Roofing Contractors Association, International Safety Network (ISN)
8 Steps To Take Before Choosing A Commercial Roof Repair Contractor
- Find roofing contractors that are associated with the NRCA (National Roofing Contractors Association)
- Seek out contractors that have been in business 20 years or more. Visit their offices and yards to determine who they are
- Get references of completed jobs that are at least the same size as the one in question to be restored or replaced
- Call and ask questions of the owner and ask how satisfied he was with the contractor
- Get at least 2 quotations and examine them thoroughly. Ask questions regarding the differences in those quotes
- View their insurance certificate. Insist on a $2 million dollar liability coverage and be sure the coverage is current. One call to the insurance company can save you a great deal of problems and money
- Call the materials manufacturer stated in their proposal and ask if they have agreed to the roofing spec developed by your contractor. Ask if they are licenced with the manufacturer and find out what the manufacturer thinks of the roofing contractor
- Ask the workman’s comp modification rate, which should have a rating of 1 or less. This will help you understand how safely the contractor is working. If the rate is way above 1, it means an unsafe contractor and you would not want them working on your roof
If you follow all of the above and get answers to your necessary questions, you should be able to define in the end what you are looking for. If you have any questions about the commercial roofing process, please feel free to contact Pfister Roofing at 800-367-2207. We will be more than happy to help you.
FLAT ROOFING PROJECTS (EPDM, PVC, TPO)
Your company did an outstanding job for our community at Bellaire and we are most appreciative. It was a pleasure to work with you and your professional approach to our unique project played a huge part in the successful result.
The Okonite Company has worked with Pfister Roofing for several years. The workmanship and service have always been excellent. We look forward to working with Pfister Roofing as the need arises.
I have worked with Dieter & his company Pfister Roofing. I find him & his men extremely helpful in the roofing field and I was very satisfied with their work. Pfister Roofing pays close attention to details and is an organization I would highly recommend.
Commercial Roofing Specialists
Serving NJ, NY & PA Since 1982 Call Us Today: 1.800.367.2207